James Legal solicitors is calling for final entries into our popular InspiringBusiness2019 competition, for a chance to win over £20,000 of business support.
2019 has been a momentous year for our InspiringBusiness campaign. It has featured some of our most poignant and thought-provoking speakers yet, and attracted the biggest audiences since we first established the concept three years ago.
And we’ll be topping this off by recognising one particularly outstanding local company with a package of support worth over £20,000.
“We’ve seen dozens of entries already, from some truly outstanding small and medium-sized enterprises from the Yorkshire & the Humber region, which really highlight the talent we’ve always known was out there,” said James Legal Founder and CEO Nick Miller.
“However, we want to spread the word that there is still time for any businesses to get their entries in, if they haven’t already, as we don’t want anyone to miss out.”
The closing date for competition entries is 31 December and the shortlist will be announced in January. Those picked out by our judges and competition partners as the most outstanding entrants will be invited to a special event on X January, to have chance to demonstrate, face-to-face, why they deserve to take the ultimate prize.
This year’s prize fund, provided by James Legal and our partners, includes the following:
- A year’s free legal support worth £5,000 from James Legal, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and access to our business legal advice service
- Accountancy support worth up to £2,000 from cbaSadofskys Chartered Accountants
- Free annual membership of The Business Culture Hull business networking group, worth £420
- An initial funding audit and guidance, followed by monthly reviews and application support, worth £3,000, provided by Peacock Finance
- A website build or other digital and e-marketing support to a value of £5,000 from Click Digital
- Monthly personalised mindset coaching and two team mindset sessions worth £2,000 from internationally renowned clinical hypnotherapist Sheila Granger
- An individual wellness assessment, including blood analysis, and tailored one-year fitness, nutrition and personal training regime worth £2,000 from Peak Health & Fitness Gymnasium
- IT support up to a value of £3,000 from Computanet.
Specialising in business law, we launched InspiringBusiness as our way of contributing to the vibrancy of the Yorkshire & Humber corporate community, and it has so far brought together almost 1,000 professional people to hear the personal stories of some of the region’s most inspiring ones, at our four annual seminars.
This year, we introduced a wellbeing theme to help those taking part achieve a better work/life balance. We had presentations from people including author and wellbeing coach Gareth Riddy; Lee Solway from Harrison Solway logistics; Leon McQuade of Andy’s Man Club and Christina Colmer-McHugh who has invented the groundbreaking Moodbeam wearable, all talking about their own experiences of why looking after their wellbeing is so important for anyone who is self-employed.
Handelsbanken has also remained a key partner for the second year running.
Our 2018 winner was innovative building design company BIMSense, and we’ll be hearing how the prize helped their hugely promising enterprise grow in a future blog.
Anyone wishing to nominate their own or someone else’s inspiring business, simply submit the details here, including contact details and a brief description outlining why they believe the business deserves to win.