James Legal Solicitors has today announced details of its latest business support campaign, themed on improving wellbeing for hard-pushed company owners
And it plans to make InspiringBusiness2019 its ‘biggest and best yet’.
First launched in 2017 as the specialist business law firm’s way of contributing to the vibrancy of the Yorkshire & Humber corporate community, its InspiringBusiness series has so far brought together almost 600 professional people to hear the personal stories of some of the region’s most inspiring ones.
And this year it plans to build on that, with a wellbeing theme designed to help those taking part achieve a better work/life balance.
To that end, this year’s speakers will include Monster Supplements.com and Peak Health & Fitness entrepreneur Mark Bowering; internationally-renowned clinical hypnotherapist and positive mindset expert Sheila Granger and Christina Colmer-McHugh, inventor of the pioneering Moodbeam mental health wearable.
Also sharing their experiences of achieving success, as well as the right mix of work and play, will be Karl Elliott, Chief Executive of Beverley Building Society; Kerry Solway, Director of the Harrison Solway national haulage company and Tony Bowler, who created The Business Culture Hull.
The speakers will be sharing their ‘warts and all’ stories of how they made it, including the life experience they gained along the way, at three seminars, taking place at the Hallmark Hotel in North Ferriby, in March, June and September.
Mark and Sheila are also among this year’s campaign partners who, together, will be offering a business support package worth over £20,000 to the winner of this year’s InspiringBusiness competition.
The partners’ contributions to the prize fund include:
- A year’s free legal support worth £5,000 from James Legal, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and access to our business legal advice service
- Accountancy support worth up to £2,000 from cbaSadofskys Chartered Accountants
- Free annual membership of The Business Culture Hullbusiness networking group, worth £420
- An initial funding audit and guidance, followed by monthly reviews and application support, worth £3,000, provided by Peacock Finance
- A website build or other digital and e-marketing support to a value of £5,000 from Mobiuswebsites
- Monthly personalised mindset coaching and two team mindset sessions worth £2,000 from internationally renowned clinical hypnotherapist Sheila Granger
- An individual wellness assessment, including blood analysis, and tailored one-year fitness, nutrition and personal training regime worth £2,000 from Peak Health & Fitness Gymnasium.
Handelsbanken and Hull-based IT experts Computanet are also supporting our campaign for the second year running.
The business chosen from dozens of entries to win the 2018 prize, worth over £25,000 in vital business help, will be announced at the first event of this year, on 7 March.
Nick Miller, Solicitor and Managing Director of James Legal, which has offices in Hull and Beverley, said: “We’re delighted to be embarking on the third year of our campaign.
“It’s been an incredible ride so far, in terms of the talent we’ve unearthed through our competition; the hugely inspirational, personal stories we’ve heard, and the powerful connections that have been made among the businesses that have been part of it.
“James Legal is all about hand holding aspirational businesses to help them achieve their potential for success, and this campaign is just one of the ways in which we aim to do that.”
He added: “In our experience, the thing that tends to get overlooked the most, among self-employed people in particular, is their personal wellbeing. They often spend so much time and effort building their business and looking after their staff, they forget to look after their own mind and body and this can have a hugely detrimental effect on them both in life and work.
“Many of the speakers we have lined up for this year have powerful insights into things like mindfulness, physical fitness and nutrition, which we hope will help those involved become not just more successful, but happier too.”
To book your FREE place to hear Sheila and Tony speak at the first seminar on 7 March, click here.