What is First Aid – Mental Health Awareness?
Mental Health Awareness (FAMHA) is a training course, designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help to support and direct on a first aid basis. The course is delivered by experienced practitioners who are registered in their profession and are specialist in their area.
The course takes up to 16 people.
How will you use the information and skills gained;
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the terminology and impact Mental Health has on people
- Teach practical skills that can be used when needed, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and have confidence in supporting people to where they need to go
By completing First Aid Mental Health Awareness – Adults it will;
- Raise awareness and mental health literacy
- Help you feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boost knowledge and confidence in recognising mental health issues
- Encourage people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but will give you confidence and knowledge on how to support and sign post someone experiencing Mental Health issues.
- Help reduce stigma
Our FAMHA instructors deliver training in either 1day(6hrs) or 2 days(12hours), they all have in-depth knowledge and experience of Mental Health.
Our course includes;
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and substance misuse
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- Mental health disorders
For every course booked we offer Mental Health awareness and Emotional Intelligence training to pupils in school for free.
If you have a particular school in mind for us to support Get In Touch.
We can also deliver a bespoke Mental Health First Aid training for your company and you can choose the school we deliver the free training to.
To book a place on this course please click here…… Book Me a Place