Directive Training has secured government funding for the support of Functional Skills in Maths and ICT. This is a great opportunity for people to develop and improve practical skills, work confidently, effectively and independently in a work/life situation. The courses can range from Level 1 up to Level 2. Sessions are not aimed specifically at one level. You will work at your own pace at your level.
- Fully funded – the Maths qualification will help you to develop your ability to represent situations using mathematics, analyse calculations, solve problems and interpret mathematics to explain situations. It is an accredited qualification and is industry recognised.
- Co-funded – the ICT qualification is designed to help students develop practical skills which will allow them to work confidently, effectively and independently in a work/life situation.
To secure this funding, applicants will need to be enrolled before the end of July 2018.
To qualify for this fully/co-funded training applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Lived in the UK/EU for more than 3 years.
- Have the right to reside and work in the UK.
- Have not previously attained a GCSE grade A* – C or grade 4, or higher
The training will be delivered at our Directive Training offices in Willerby but can be offered on-site where a company has 6-8 staff requiring the training.
The sessions are 2.5 hours in length and will be delivered weekly at a time that is suitable. This can be offered mornings, afternoons or twilight workshops. The number of sessions required to complete the course is flexible as this depends on the needs of the learner. This will be determined by an initial assessment.